Memorial Day honors America ’s fallen heroes and celebrates their sacrifice so they are never forgotten. Cities throughout the U.S. celebrate those who have bravely served our country. America’s Veterans have done everything asked of them in their mission to serve our country.
Hospice-Veteran Partnerships (HVP) are coalitions of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facilities, community hospices and others working together to ensure that excellent care at the end of life is available for our nation’s Veterans and their families.
Bristol Hospice’s professionals are on a mission to learn how to serve Veterans through the challenges they may be facing from illness, isolation or traumatic life experience. We proudly support our Veterans by being a Hospice Partner and receiving certification through the We Honor Veterans program. We Honor Veterans a program of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) invites hospices to join a pioneering program focused on respectful inquiry, compassionate listening and grateful acknowledgment.
By becoming a We Honor Veteran Partner, our staff is better prepared to:
- Build professional and organizational capacity to provide quality care for Veterans
- Develop and/or strengthen partnerships with VA and other Veteran organizations
- Increase access to hospice and palliative care for Veterans in their community
- Network with other hospices across the country to learn about best practice models
There are four levels of certification in the program. Bristol Hospice programs are proud to have achieved the following We Honor Veterans certification levels:
- Level 1 Certification (Provide Veteran-centric education for staff and volunteers, and identify patients with military experience): Bristol Hospice~Stockton; Bristol Hospice~Pathways; Judith Karman Bristol Hospice
- Level 3 Certification (Develop and strengthen relationships with VA medical centers and other Veteran organizations): Bristol Hospice~Texas; Bristol Hospice~Georgia; Bristol Hospice~Oregon
- Level 4 (The highest level of certification. Increase access and improve quality of care for Veterans in your community): Bristol Hospice~California; Bristol Hospice~Hawaii, Bristol Hospice~Sacramento; Bristol Hospice~Utah
We are proud to honor our Veterans and support increasing access to quality care. Our locations are available for admissions during the holiday weekend and offer the following:
- Special care of Veterans
- Pinning ceremonies attendance
- Providing flags to each Veteran
Learn more about our program and how we support locally, please contact us.